Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to my daughter and me.

Today is my oldest child's birthday. It is as important to me as it is to her, after all, I was there. I don't know about you, but every year on my children's birthdays, I sort of relive the day they were born. I remember all the details, more or less, and every time I look at the clock, I say to myself, "At this time, (those many years ago) I was at this stage" or "I was doing this". Until and through the moment of their birth. I can't help it, it just happens. I have instituted a custom to look through the particular child's baby, childhood and current photos at some point on their birthday, which also provides me with many happy memories of the years they were growing up. My children are now adults and no longer live at home so I am not there at their birthday party, except in spirit. One cannot have a birthday without having their mother's spirit present, can one? And I still eat a piece of cake in their honor, after all, the day belongs to me as much as to them. So Happy Birthday to my daughter and here is wishing us both many more. Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment